When it comes to roof replacement and repair, there are many different reasons that can cause damage to your roof. You will want to make sure that you understand the differences between needing roof repair and replacing your roof altogether. If you need roof repairs, then you likely have had damages done by hail or severe weather. Yet, those damages are repairable. The best way to determine the extent of your damages is to contact a trusted roofing contractor. The roofing contractor can schedule a visit to your home to assess the damages on your roof and give you a quote. If the roof is not repairable, then you will need to replace it.
There are several different reasons as to why you may need to replace your roof rather than repair it. Listed here are several reasons as to why you may need to hire roofers to replace your roof.
1. Severe storm damage. Severe storm damage can cause enough damage at times that you may have to replace your roof. This can be incurred from extremely heavy winds and rain. Severe storm damage will also cause more havoc on an older roof as it has already experienced some wear and tear.
2. Damage from a fallen tree or large branch. Another reason that may cause you to replace your roof rather than repair it is damage that is incurred from a fallen tree or a large tree branch. These types of damages will generally cause enough damage that it is easier and cheaper to replace the entire roof rather than repairing it.
3. Severe hail damage. Another factor that may cause you to look into replacing your entire roof is severe hail damage. Hail damage can come in all forms and it is important to have a roofing contractor come and inspect your roof after a severe hail storm. You will want to get your roof replaced or repaired soon after a hail storm so that it is covered by your insurance. If you have experienced a hail storm, then you should call in a roofing contractor to assess the damages and give you a quote on repair or replacement.
4. An old roof. An old roof is a strong indicator that you will need a roof replacement in the near future. If your roof is old and showing signs of its age, such as missing shingles, leaks, and roof valleys, then you will likely need to replace it soon.
5. A leaky roof. A leaky roof is another indicator that it may be time for a roof replacement. It is important to have this checked out as soon as possible to prevent internal water damage.
As you can see, there are many factors that can come into play when making the decision of roof repair vs. roof replacement. There are signs to look for that can indicate that you need a new roof such as missing shingles, light shining into your attic, leaks, and roof valleys. It is best to contact a roofing contractor to come and assess your roof for you. You can find roofing contractors at http://www.academyroofinginc.com.