If you are experiencing high levels of back pain, then you will need to have it treated as soon as possible in order to maintain your lifestyle and live a pain free life. There are many reasons and factors that can cause your back pain in the first place and you will want to visit the right doctor who can help you find the cause of the pain. Some causes of back pain can include compressed nerves, slipped discs, herniated discs, and injury to your back. You may also be experiencing pain due to pressure on the sciatic nerve that can cause debilitating pain in your lower back.
As there are many factors that cause back pain, there are also many ways to treat it. Treating back pain is conducive to finding the right solution for your particular condition. However, there are some universal treatments that can help with many types of back pain. Of course, you will want to consult with your doctor before undergoing any type of treatment or therapy. Listed here are the top five ways for back pain treatments:
- One of the most popular short term treatments that you can find for your back pain is medication. Medication shouldn’t be used on a long term basis as you will want to eventually get to the root of the problem and figure out what is really going on with your pain.
- Hot/Cold therapies. You can also try a variety of hot and cold therapies that can help to ease back pain as well. This is a good way to help ease the pain in the short term and to try natural and holistic therapies before undergoing other types of treatments.
- Believe it or not, exercise can actually help with your back pain. If you exercise regularly, then this can help to heal your pain as long as you are careful. Of course, you will not want to do anything extreme but if you walk or do other easy activities such as swimming, then it can help your back over time. This is something that you will want to consult with your doctor before undergoing, of course.
- Holistic treatments. You can also try a variety of holistic treatments that include acupuncture and massage therapy. These can be very beneficial at loosening up the body and relieving stress.
- Back pain surgery. You may be a candidate for back pain surgery, pending on the severity of your case and what you are dealing with. This is a treatment that will be done if all other treatments aren’t effective or you have a more serious condition.
As you can see, there are many different ways to treat your back pain. You will want to be sure that you consult with the right neurologist, neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon or doctor to help you diagnose your case. They can also help you determine the best forms of treatment for your diagnosis. If you are looking for a team of neurosurgeons, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates.